- I had Polio when I was three. From age three through seventeen I spent a total of about four years in the hospital.
I had orthopedic surgery three times With all the treatment I became more mobile and used fewer braces. See graph.
- At 35 I married. The following year when my wife was expecting my daughter, I was diagnosed with MS.
- Five years later the curve in my spine caused by Polio forced me to have spinal fusion. It took six months before I could walk somewhat and
a full year to recover.
- The effects of MS became too much for family versus job. At age 45 I was forced to medically retire.
My progress from Polio had been reversed by MS.
- The decline has been more rapid due to the effect of past Polio and now Post-Polio symtoms. See graph. With each exacerbation, I loose a little more
and deal with many of the MS issues. My current diagnosis is Relapsing-Progressive.